Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 14, 1989

It's Cory's fifth birthday and we are going to Jungle Jim's for his birthday party. It's really exciting. I had mine their last year and it's super fun. They have a roller coaster inside and it goes backwards too! I'm looking forward to the pizza and video games there too.

It is kind of scary today. A hurricane hit the Texas coast and now mom and dad say there could be tornadoes here in San Antonio. Apparently one hit a few miles from us and took the roof of an HEB, and I'm a little scared because I have seen videos and pictures of tornadoes. There is also a lot of thunder and lightning in the area.

We head to Jungle Jim's, Cory has a lot of friends and two of my friends are coming too, well Jason and Mikey are both of our friends but they are my age. We get there and most of us head straight to the roller coaster first. It is really fun and then we go over the bumper cars. I ride them twice and then Mikey and I play some air hockey. He is one year older than me and bigger and i think I can beat him, but my attempts come up lame and I lose.

We all head to the tables and eat pizza and coke. Jason and I get this idea to put mustard on our pizza and it actually tastes good. A couple of others try it, but not everyone thinks it is a great idea. Cory gets some cool presents. A couple of Ninja Turtles figures including Shredder. We think that one is really cool and it will make for some fun playtime at home. We eat some chocolate cake and play some video games, which aren't dad's but its OK he says. We play some more games and finally have to go home. It is still raining but I don't think there will be any tornadoes. We go home and have to go to sleep, it was fun. I wonder where we should have our birthdays next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment