Monday, September 7, 2009

May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo that means party for my Spanish I class today and Presley's party at his house tonight. There is one big thing on my mind today and that is Krista. Josie told me last night that Krista does not have a debatable boyfriend anymore and that even though she is leaving in a week for New York that she is interested in getting to know me this week. Josie did not give me her phone number so I am debating how to contact her and when. Well, I am not going to do it this morning and it's Monday which means I have to open the school this morning so I better get going.

I am the first one at the school as usual and most students don't roll in until around 8:30 except for Marcus and Colby. Before they get there I do one more facebook stalk of Krista's page and decide that I will write her later today, but I need to focus on work this morning. Spanish is 3rd period and I have brought some Mexican snacks and we will watch The Office with Spanish subtitles for our Cinco de Mayo Spanish I celebracion. Other morning classes are fine, no one was really paying attention much in Chemistry, but that's not unusual. No real Mexican food for lunch but I do have Mexican inspired hot pockets...Three Cheese and Chicken quesadilla, pretty good. Afternoon study hall seems to by slow and I keep thinking about what I will write to Krista and what I should say.

By three o'clock most everyone is gone, even Denise is leaving early from school today and she asks me to lock up the school. Before I go I am going to write Krista a facebook message. I think a while and then just let it flow. I tell her "heyy I enjoyed your show last week, I heard you're leaving town soon so if you want to get together sometime this week for coffee or something let me know. I know you could be busy with finals or something so if you have time let me know. I would have called you, but don't have your number so here goes: I lost my phone number can I have yours." I hope she appreciates the humor. The message is sent, I lock up the school and head home.

I hang out with Robert for a while watching TV and then decide to check my facebook just to see if she has written back. I am not expecting much since it's only been like an hour and a half, but to my astonishment she has written back and asked if we could get together tonight! And left her phone number! I guess my pick up line worked. So I get my phone out to call her and she answers. We chat and tell her I am going to a Cinco de Mayo party and invite her along and what do you know, she accepts. Sweet, except I have just booked seven people in my truck that only holds six. Rodney just told me a few minutes before I checked facebook that he was going so I call him and tell him sorry my car was full and I miscounted. I owe him for this one.

Scott and Josie get there, Josie is excited and Robert and Gomez have no idea what's going on, but we head to TCU to pick her up. We pick her up and for some reason Robert and Gomez are riding in the front seat with me so Krista has to sit in the back right, farthest away from me. Gomez is excited to see an old friend going with us and we have good conversations. We get to Presley's and introduce people and hang out. They have a new puppy in addition to their other two dogs, a rabbit, a turtle and a kid. I see Krista holding the new puppy and talking about how she loves small dogs, which is cool because I kind of do too. We finally get a little bit of time together and talk about our schedules for the rest of the week. She tells me she is busy tomorrow so I ask her out for a date or to get together on Wednesday and once again she accepts.

We had a good time and thank Presley for having us over and head home, same seats in the car again, grrr. I drop Krista off first, which I realize is stupid, but have already exited University. I should take everyone back to my place and then take her home last and give us time to talk, I guess that will have to wait until Wednesday. We drop Krista off and Gomez says lets talk about Krista, he still doesn't know about the situation, but he will soon. We head home and James, Scott and Josie head home and Robert and I hang out since Mike is out of town in Chicago. I think the night went well and am thinking how much time I can spend with her before she leaves, well if our date goes well. I am getting ready to go to bed and I get a text from Krista asking if I text much, well I do now. We text a few things and then I head to sleep, quite happy and excited to see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment