Thursday, September 3, 2009

November 22, 1990

Its Thanksgiving which means no school. I was kind of getting tired of it anyways and luckily dad took us out early yesterday, maybe one day we will get more than two days off for Thanksgiving. Sean and Justin came in last night. They are my cousins or second cousins I think is what mom said. Whatever its fun because Cory and I have some people to play with. We eat a small breakfast because our mom's told us not to fill up because we will eat a lot later which I remember is a big thing on Thanksgiving. The four of us go outside in the back yard and start playing in the fort. It's pretty cool and we play defend the fort. Sean and I are on a team and naturally we win since are both older.

Uncle Jerry, Uncle Larry, Aunt Jeanette and Lauren just arrived and we give hugs to them and Lauren joins our play time. We walk around the neighborhood a bit looking for friends or something to do and then we go back to the house. They say its time to eat and we all gather around the table, say prayers and dig in. I go for dark turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberries. Maybe its good but I avoid salad or green beans and whatever the other stuff we have. We eat and then our dads and uncles start taking naps but we go into me and Cory's room to play games. We start with candyland and move on to chutes and ladders and trouble.

At only 9:00 they say its time for bed and we protest of course because it's not a school night. It's cool though because Sean and Justin and me and Cory all sleep in sleeping bags on the floor making for a fun night. We try to get Lauren to sleep in there too but her parents say its too crowded. We talk, laugh and eventually fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment