Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introduction

The idea of a blog has arisen from a variety of reasons. I have a wonderful wife who likes to blog and follow other bloggers which as I have read from time to time is quite interesting. I also have a couple of friends who over the past few years I have read several of their blog entries, Sheri Pape and Ryan Eloe. Now I didn't really think I had much to blog about and quite frankly wasn't sure anyone really cared. As I start this blog I realize people still may not care, but I will try and write anyways.

This brings me to the idea for my blog. If you have read the title of it then you might guess whats its about. I cannot time travel, however if the opportunity ever arose I'm sure I would be one of the first who would volunteer. I have always been interested in time travel starting with watching Back to the Future when I was like four years old and all of the sequels in the years that followed. Other movies and books have also inspired me, but the latest book The Time Traveler's Wife gave me the idea about blogging. In the book, Henry the main character time travels to dates in his life sometimes in the future but mostly in the past and there are entries narrating his travels. Now my travels will all be in the past unless this time traveling does work out and I can blog about the future, which I'm betting won't happen anytime soon. Anyways I will try and narrate historic and red letter events in my life. I have a pretty good memory. I must note that Krista might think my memory isn't perfect because I cant always remember what she wore last week or a certain conversation we had, but my long term memory is stellar and I will do my best to recall events to the best detail.

I hope you will enjoy reading and if time goes on you might find yourselves in these blogs as I will try and involve the blog around friends, family and other people who have influenced me. Enjoy the writing of my time travels.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I'm so excited to see your new blog, Jacob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did I just discover this on your wife's blog???? I had no idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the Avril Lavign story?

    ReplyDelete