Thursday, August 27, 2009

December 18, 1998

I can't believe they are letting me drive to school today. I was completely surprised last night when dad said I could not only drive the car to school for the first time, but also spend the night at Allen's house. I have had my license since August and we bought the car in September, but this is the first time I have been able to drive it to school. When I told Allen we were both stoked since we finally get to cruise around in a car instead of with our parents or walking.

I eat a light breakfast and then Cory and I get ready to go. Part of the deal is I have to drop Cory off at the Junior High, which is fine I don't mind doing that at all. We cruise over the causeway and down Waldron Rd and I drop him off and head over to the high school. I'm not sure which lot to park in, and I don't actually have a parking sticker yet so I park by the gym next to two other cars that don't have parking stickers. It's the last day before Christmas break and we only have two classes today, both of which have finals. I find Allen and tell him I have the car and where I'm parked and all. The bell rings and we head to class.

First class is Pre-cal honors, which this is my last day in honors with Mr. Rubac, I'm switching to regular Pre-cal next semester, I hope its easier. The test sucks, but thankfully English is next. Allen, Charlie, and a bunch of other people are in the class too. We take a test on Jane Eyre and then have about an hour left of free time before school it out. The bell rings and we are out of there. Allen and I head to the Volvo. Traffic isn't bad at all and we head into town. We decide to eat at the McDonalds off SPID and Staples. We dine there and talk about what car he will get this next summer when he finally turns 16. After that we head to his house and play some Bill Walsh College Football. His mom orders pizza for us later and makes cookies too. She asks about our driving experience and I tell her no problems and I ensure her that Allen will be just as good of driver come August. Despite having the car, we actually don't' go anywhere that night but just chill at his house. Knowing that I have the car there and that mom or dad doesn't have to pick me up tomorrow makes things that much better.

4 comments:

  1. do you realize that on this day I was only 12?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to write about renting a movie in your Pop's old beast. That would make for a great blog entry sir. Or rear ending fatties or any of your other stories involving backing into something... How did you ever get a license?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. These are awesome! Keep up the good work.

    -Allen

    and a special thanks to KJ for posting this link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction. KL. My bad. My memory is clearly not as good as J's.

    ReplyDelete