Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 8, 2000

It is my 18th birthday AND the first day of my senior year of high school. Are you kidding me my birthday is a school day this has never happened, I have always had a summer birthday. I seriously can't believe it, and despite all of my pressuring my parents, they are still making me go to school which if I haven't already mentioned I have never done on my birthday. Why did Flour Bluff ISD decide to start back over a week earlier than last year?

Anyways so its Tuesday morning and I am getting ready for school. I get up at about 6:45 or so. I don't shower in the morning because I am an evening shower person. I decide to wear a yellow Tommy Hilfiger shirt (which was Jeff Richter's shirt but we traded this past summer) and khaki cargo shorts and some New Balance shoes. My hair is still blond from when I bleached it in June, well Jeff bleached it and I bleached his but he dyed his back. But the blond looks better and I am fairly tan from practicing tennis this summer so it all works out. I eat a quick breakfast and then Cory and I head to school. He is starting 10th grade and I'm a senior of course and we cruise our 15 minute drive to school in the Volvo. We park and go our separate ways. I find Jeff and Chris before school to hang out before heading to Government which Jeff is in my class of course. A few people like Allen and couple of girls do wish me a happy birthday and I keep remarking that it would be happier if I wasn't in school. My schedule for the day is 1. Government 2. AP Biology 3. English IV 4. Spanish III 5. BCIS 6. Tennis. Tough schedule for a senior....not. The only class I think will be hard is AP Bio, luckily Jeff, Chris and Joel are in there so I'm sure we won't get into too much trouble.

I have first lunch and I sat with Chris, Allen, Angie, Autumn, Lisa, Jessica, and some other people. After tennis we have a brief team meeting, no practice on the first day of school and we talk about how we are dedicated this year to winning and working hard even though we lost two Varsity players- Jason and Travis Gould, which ultimately helped me get on Varsity since they left. After tennis meeting is over I meet Cory in the parking lot and head home. The day was pretty good. I think this year will go well, I have lots of friends in my classes. I seem to have a good rapport with the girls at school and my schedule isn't too hard. I mean I'm 18 and I'm in senior so good things have to happen this year right?

Later at night we go out to eat to Marcel's, a German restaurant in Port Aransas and I have a New York Strip, it was pretty good. My parents ask Cory and I if school will be good this year and we both say "yeah I guess" They ask what college I am interested in (for like the thousandth time since summer) and I tell them the same answer; either TCU or Texas A&M. I'll see when we visit them and where my friends are going. I go home and eventually head to bed about 11:00, no homework since it was the first day. I have to get pumped for the rest of my senior year.

1 comment: